We, at Sesame Schoolhouse, believe that all children have unique potential that should be encouraged regularly. And we know that for children to excel in today’s complex and technology-driven world, they need a new set of skills—social and emotional, as well as academic. We currently have 41 franchise model schools operating across 21 cities in India.
Early childhood is a highly sensitive period marked by rapid transformations in physical, cognitive, social and emotional development. The early year’s curriculum at Sesame Schoolhouse is carefully structured with programmes that introduce concepts not as stand-alone subjects but as a wealth of interconnected knowledge. As emphasised by Ms. Mona Singh, Vice President, Sesame Schoolhouse, by observing, questioning and searching for answers, we want our children to gain a sense of curiosity about their world and make learning fun, continuous and lifelong.
Market research analysts at various forums have predicted an impressive scope of growth in the preschool or child care industry in India across a period of 2016-2020, which will also provide a compound annual growth rate of almost 22% at the end of the said period.
Here are some factors facilitating such growth:
- Working parents: The concept of preschool education has received a boost with the growing number of working parents in full-time professions. Extended daycare offered by some pre-schools act as an added facility for the parents.
- The changing perception of preschool education: Education is the second highest expenditure segment for middle-class households today.Parents are realising the importance of engaging young children in activities early in order to enhance their emotional and intellectual growth.
- Innovative learning approaches:Preschools offer student-centred, innovative activities that help to instil 21st-century skills of imagination, collaboration, creativity and collaboration in children.
Although the preschool sector offers tremendous opportunities for growth, there are certain challenges that are faced, such as:
- Preschools are primarily an urban phenomenon and rural areas are still to catch up on this trend
- Due to the lack of a proper regulatory mechanism and any guidelines or checks by the Government, unorganised players are mushrooming in this sector
- A sizeable number of parents still do not know much about the modern education techniques and they don’t understand or care little about brand preschools
To overcome these challenges, franchisees should aim at satisfactory and fulfilling partnerships with established, credible preschool brands.
They should, nevertheless, conduct a proper background research and discuss the terms and conditions carefully before formalising the contract or partnerships in order to get the maximum benefits from this growing educational venture.
Sesame Schoolhouse is always open to caring and committed entrepreneurs to establish and operate independent centres in India.There are several advantages for a potential Sesame Schoolhouse franchisee such as:
-Reduced risk and gestation period associated with a business
-An easy transfer of technical knowledge and the well-structured procedures
-A set preschool curriculum developed by experts is provided by franchisors which lets you skip research and preparing the development of curriculum
Our children deserve to imagine a different world. We, at Sesame Schoolhouse,aim to not just help them realise the potential in themselves but how ever-evolving the world around them is and can be.