The unique curriculum of Sesame Street Preschool to make children ready for school and for life
Sesame Street, America’s largest preschool educator is now in 2 locations in Bengaluru with Sesame Street Preschool, an early childhood education centre to help children reach their highest potential.
Sesame Street, an American educational brand, has been making engaging preschool content for children for over 40 years. It has now entered the preschool space in India with a view to create a paradigm shift in the way preschool children are taught.
1. The curriculum goes beyond ABCs and 123s to instill the skills of ideation/ creativity, confidence, communication and collaboration– skills that are needed not just for school but for life.
2. The curriculum integrates the best practices from 6 schools of thought including Montessori, Reggio Emilia, Dewey, Vygotsky, Piaget and Howard Gardner along with Sesame Street’s learning for over these years.
3. The curriculum while being global is benchmarked to the National Curriculum Framework (the early childhood curriculum guidelines as mandated by the Govt. of India). Hence each activity is not only age appropriate but developmentally appropriate. Language progression is based on using sounds that are more familiar to Indian children and numeracy skills are taught not through worksheets but activities and games.
4. A unique six-step process is followed to ensure that children understand the concepts – the 6 steps include introduction, recall, demonstration, reinforcement, reflection and application.
5. Understanding that each child learns differently a variety of materials are used to reach out to every child – videos, games, puzzles are used along with printed materials.
6. The physical space is designed not just to be safe for children but also interesting and linked to the curriculum. So children learn about the weather not just in the classroom but by using the weather board; learn numbers through the hopscotch and other such elements that have been built into the preschool.
7. The Sesame Street learning is extended beyond the school, when the children follow their beloved Muppets on the Galli Galli Sim Sim television show (broadcast on POGO and Doordarshan National).
8. We provide parents with a huge amount of resources so that they are integrated in their child’s learnings.
Below are the details of our programmes
Sesame Street Preschool – runs
Beginners: A Parent-Toddler program targeting the 12 months to 2 year old age group and that focus on building on their social and motor skills through play. It also develops their receptive and expressive language, helps the child understand relationships with self, peers, and loved ones and nourishes curiosity and enjoyment of activities and objects.
Aanchoo’s Bookroom: A programme aimed at developing language and social skills in children while fuelling their creativity and imagination. This is a programme for 3-7 year olds.
Discoverer’s Club: An experiential learning programme designed to foster problem solving and logical thinking skills by using science, technology, engineering, arts and maths concepts. The programme is for children between the ages of 6-8 years. The programme has 3 modules- Detective, Inventor and Explorer.
Playdates: A unique concept where children can be exposed to the Sesame Street methodology. This is a structured play time designed to foster social skills. Here 2-8 year olds enrol for a class to make new friends while enjoying various fun activities.
Welcome to Sesame Street!
To see our content please visit – www.sesamestreet.org and www.galligallisimsim.com. To know more about our preschools please visit www.sesameschoolhouse.in, or follow us on: facebook / linkedin. For any queries please contact:
Mobile- +91- 9811734703