Are you ready for summer? Sesame Street Preschool’s has a marvellous summer planned and we can’t wait for it to begin! We recognise how significant it is for your child to have anentertaining, dynamic, enriching and yes – learning – summer experience. That’s why we have anagenda full of exhilarating activities built on fun themes that transform every week.
We go on field trips, explore animal kingdom, plants in jungle, marine life, climate change and desert. We will have special people visit the school, play various outdoor sports, do arts & crafts, engage in fun sand and water activities. Dance, sing, perform – you name it, we will do it! Our widespread weekly themes cover every interest. We know you’re not considering for an afternoon babysitter; your child is worthy of so much more than that during their summer break.The teachers and staff at Camp Sesameare highly trained educators who specialize in creating fun, lasting memories for children of all ages. Our staff know how to provide just the right level of guidance and care while always respecting your child’s specific needs. We’re gearing up for a great summer but it won’t be complete without you and your family! Please read further down to know what our summer adventure is all about ?
- Total length of the programme is 4 weeks.
- Programme duration is 3 hours per day, 5 days a week for all age groups.
- Camp Sesame is for children aged 2 to 8 years old.
- Children will be grouped into 3 age groups – i.e. 2 to 3 years, 3 to 5 years and 5 to 8 years.
- Educator to child ratio for the camp will be 1: 12 for all age groups.
- For 2 to 3 year olds along with educator an additional support staff will also be present.We care!
Children will experience the exciting world of the Jungle, Ocean, Mountain and Desert at Camp Sesame aiming at Problem Exploration process to work towards an acceptable Solution. Each week, the children will explore a new landform with stories, video segments and picture reading. They will experience diverse life on these landforms with fun-filled activities that encourage children to understand and appreciate diversity from an angle of animal and plants in the region, people their life, art ‘n’ craft, climate etc. They will express their learnings through role play, music and dance and show ‘n’ tell activities, theme based cooking etc. During the camp children will be engaged in activities exposing them to unique characteristics of each landform, life in these regions and ways to conserve these landforms and will develop skills across all learning domains.Activities will be scaled according to the age group, with simpler activities for young children and more complex activities for older children.
Programme Weekly Schedule
Week One: Call of the Jungle! This week will focus on Jungle as home for so many wild animals and sometimes people.
- Explore – the animal kingdom and plants in the jungle, categorize animals, go on a treasure hunt etc.
- Experience – life in jungle via audio visual segments, stories, exercise and animal yoga etc.
- Express – work in groups to promote conservation of jungle, reproduce their observations into scribbles, posters, badges etc.
Week Two: Deep dive into the Ocean! Get familiar with uniqueness of oceans and learn to conserve the ocean and its surroundings.
- Explore – the marine life and life around beaches through story games, audio visual segments.
- Experience – marine life and life around ocean with hands on activities –sand and water play, engage in ocean crafts, dance/yoga, and more.
- Express – engage in show ‘n’ tell, dress up, group play, art ‘n’ craft, etc.
Week Three: Climb up the Mountain! Explore the mountains and learn about its distinct climate.
- Explore – the cold and snow filled mountains vs. dry and green mountains, learn about climate change in the mountains.
- Experience – the climate differences, challenges of life in mountain through audio –visuals, activities and stories etc.
- Express – yourself using art ‘n’ craft, scribbling, discussion and journals etc.
Week Four: Desert Safari! This week will focus on the desert.
- Explore – Day and night in the desert, learn about plants and animals in desert.
- Experience – life in the desert through dance, audio visuals, stories, art ‘n’ craft.
- Express – through imaginative play, paints, travel journal etc.