Sesame Street Preschool programmes expose children to academics through play, movement and exploration. Our curriculum is aligned with the National Curriculum Framework and is structured to cover the six critical domains of development: cognition, language, social, emotional, physical and creative.
- Our curriculum is informed by the thinking of theorists like Piaget and Howard Gardner. We integrate practices inspired by the work of Maria Montessori and the Reggio Emilia Approach. Combining it all with Sesame Street’s unique methodology that integrates entertainment and education.
- The curriculum is mapped according to age. Developmentally appropriate outcomes are designed to help a child start by discovering themselves through their school environment and then to relate their learning to the wider world.
- We follow a unique progression for learning letters, which uses a phonetic way of teaching.
- In mathematics we move beyond verbal counting and number recognition, by encouraging children to grasp the concept of ‘quantity’- an understanding that numbers are used to quantify things.
- Our pyramid of learning layers academic skills (eg:mathematics, literacy, science, and social studies) with thinking skills. This approach ultimately contributes to each child’s development of a positive sense of self and identity.